'Beyond the Pandemic' virtual summer conference to be hosted for educators
LAWRENCE — The School of Education & Human Sciences at the University of Kansas will host the 2022 Strategies for Educational Improvement Summer Conference for the region’s PK-12 educators as a virtual professional development event. This year’s virtual summer conference, “Beyond the Pandemic,” will be held on June 10 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. CT. Sessions will focus on the needs for today’s PK-12 teachers, schools, districts and other education service providers as we emerge from the pandemic.
The agenda for this year’s virtual conference will adhere to the following schedule:
• 9:00 – 9:45 am — Kickoff: To Change or Not to Change?
• 9:45 – 10:00 am — Welcome from KSDE Commissioner Watson
• 10:00 – 11:30 am — Framing the Schools of the Future: Best ideas from Redesign and Other Innovations
• 12:00 – 1:00 pm — Breakout Rooms: Networking and Discussions on What Practices/lessons from the Pandemic to Carry Forward
• 1:15 – 2:30 pm — Lessons from the Pandemic: What Works? Solutions from Classrooms
• 2:45 – 3:45 pm — Making Space for All Students to Thrive
• 3:45 – 4:15 pm — Personalizeable Education
The event is free and open to the public, but online registration is required. Interested individuals are encouraged to RSVP now and mark their calendars. Access the online RSVP form for log in information.
The 2022 Virtual Summer Conference is co-hosted by the KU School of Education & Human Sciences and the KU Global Education Academy, with support from the Kansas State Department of Education (KSDE).
About the KU School of Education & Human Sciences
Located in Lawrence, the KU School of Education & Human Sciences is a nationally ranked school, preparing educators and human science professionals as leaders since 1909. With more than 40 academic programs offered among five departments, at two different campuses and fully online, the school serves Kansas, the nation and the world by preparing individuals to become leaders and practitioners in education and related human science fields. Stay up to date by following the school on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.